Do you suffer from ptosis, a condition where your upper eyelids droop and impair your vision, appearance, and self-confidence? Does this condition make you look tired all the time? Ptosis affects millions worldwide, and surgery was the only solution until recently.
A breakthrough treatment can lift your eyelids and spirits without going under the knife. Say hello to Upneeq! Everything about Upneeq you need to know will be covered in this blog article, including what it is, how it works, who can benefit from it, and more. So, if you’re ready to see the world through bright eyes again, keep reading!
What is ptosis?
Ptosis is a medical condition that refers to the drooping or sagging of one or both eyelids, which can interfere with a person’s eyesight, appearance, and self-esteem. It occurs when the muscles responsible for lifting the eyelids weaken or malfunction, causing the eyelids to droop or cover part of the eye. While ptosis can occur at any age, it is most common in older adults.
People can suffer from ptosis for a variety of reasons, including:
- Aging: As people age, the skin and muscles around the eyes can weaken, leading to sagging and drooping of the eyelids.
- Injury: Trauma or damage to the eye or eyelid can cause ptosis.
- Congenital ptosis: Some people are born with ptosis due to a genetic or developmental issue.
- Neurological disorders: Neurological disorders, such as myasthenia gravis or Bell’s palsy, can cause ptosis.
- Eye surgery: Ptosis can occur as a rare eye surgery complication, such as cataract surgery.
- Contact lens wear: Wearing contact lenses for long periods can cause irritation and inflammation, sometimes leading to ptosis.
What is Upneeq?
Upneeq is a prescription medication approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat acquired ptosis, which occurs in adults due to aging or other factors. Upneeq is a non-surgical and non-invasive treatment in the form of eye drops applied to the affected eye(s).
Upneeq contains the active ingredient oxymetazoline, which is a type of alpha-adrenergic agonist. When applied to the eye(s), Upneeq causes the muscles in the upper eyelid to contract, lifting the lid and restoring its natural position. As an outcome, individuals appear more vibrant and rejuvenated, and their vision and confidence both increase.
Compared to traditional ptosis treatments like surgery, Upneeq offers several advantages:
- It’s a quick and painless procedure.
- It doesn’t require anesthesia or downtime, so that you can resume your daily activities immediately.
- It’s more affordable than surgery and may be covered by insurance.
- It has a lower risk of complications and side effects than surgery, such as infection, scarring, and asymmetry.
How is Upneeq administered?
Upneeq is a topical ophthalmic solution that is applied directly to the eyes. It is typically administered once a day, in the morning. It is applied to the affected eye(s) using a single-use applicator. The solution is absorbed into the skin around the eyes and works by activating specific receptors in the muscles responsible for lifting the eyelid.
The duration of treatment with Upneeq varies depending on the individual patient and the severity of their ptosis. Generally, patients will use Upneeq for a few weeks to a few months and then taper off the treatment as their symptoms improve.
What are the benefits of Upneeq?
Upneeq is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment that offers several benefits for individuals with ptosis. Here are some of the benefits of Upneeq:
- Improved Appearance: Ptosis can give the appearance of tired, droopy eyes. Upneeq helps to lift the eyelids and restore a more youthful, refreshed look.
- Increased Self-Confidence: Ptosis can also affect an individual’s self-esteem and confidence. Upneeq can help to address this issue by improving the appearance of the eyes.
- Enhanced Quality of Life: Ptosis can impact an individual’s vision and ability to perform daily activities such as driving or reading. Upneeq can improve the image and overall quality of life.
- Non-surgical: Upneeq is a non-surgical treatment that does not require incisions or anesthesia, making it a safer and less invasive option than traditional surgical ptosis treatment.
- Avoidance of Surgery: Upneeq can provide improvement for those with mild to moderate ptosis, avoiding the need for more invasive surgical procedures.
While Upneeq offers many benefits, it is essential to note that results may vary depending on the severity of the ptosis and other individual factors. It is also necessary to discuss any potential risks or concerns with a qualified healthcare provider before undergoing any treatment.
Who can benefit from Upneeq?
Upneeq is a revolutionary treatment for those with mild to moderate ptosis. It is only suitable for some, however. Patients with severe ptosis may require a more invasive surgical intervention to achieve their desired results.
Individuals with certain medical conditions may not be suitable candidates for Upneeq. These conditions may include the following:
- Glaucoma: Upneeq is an eye drop that constricts the muscles that lift the eyelid. It can result in an increase in eye pressure, which is risky for glaucoma patients.
- Dry eye syndrome: Upneeq may worsen the symptoms of dry eye syndrome, making it an unsuitable option for those with this condition.
- Allergies: Upneeq may cause an allergic reaction in some individuals. It is essential to discuss any known allergies before beginning treatment with Upneeq.
Upneeq is a safe and effective option for many patients with mild to moderate ptosis. However, consulting with a medical professional is essential to determine whether Upneeq is the right treatment option.
Say Goodbye to Ptosis with Upneeq
Upneeq is a breakthrough treatment that offers a non-surgical solution for ptosis. Its proven effectiveness and minimal side effects make it a safe and reliable option for those looking to improve their appearance and quality of life.
If you are a candidate for Upneeq, we encourage you to speak with our experienced medical professional at Resa Medical Aesthetics to learn more about this innovative treatment. With our friendly staff, we are committed to providing the highest level of care to help you achieve your desired results.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards a brighter, more confident you!